Standard reference checks are mostly a matter of ticking boxes – confirming qualifications, résumé details etc. But when an employee doesn’t work out, it’s usually due to their lack of competency in the role, their workplace behavior or a poor cultural fit.
Those mis-hires are what we help you avoid. Our team of HR-qualified reference checking professionals are experts in getting the full picture of a candidate from their former employers and colleagues.
Reference Check guarantees to save you from making mis-hires in your recruitment by ensuring you receive full, unbiased reference checks to assist your recruitment process.
Common reference checking pitfalls
Research suggests the following failings are often contributory factors to mis-hirings occurring:
The person conducting the reference check...
- Has a vested interest in only obtaining a positivecheck, and/or
- Is too junior to probe adequately and appropriately, and/or
- Is not qualified or informed enough about HR and Privacy Laws
- Is not talking to the most appropriate referees, and/or
- Is asking a set of generic questions, irrespective of the competencies required to do the job
Our proprietary reference checking system gives you the clearest possible picture of who you might be hiring. Each of our reference checks is conducted:
- By an impartial Human Resources professional
- Thoroughly and rigorously
- With the most appropriate referee
- With questions tailored to the specifics of the position
Your Reference Check Report
At the completion of the reference checks you’ll get a detailed written report with everything you need to know about your candidate/s.
View Sample Report: Download File (PDF 64.9 kb)